Monday, November 10, 2014

week 22






family and friends and all those i love!

id like to share a personal experience from this week that really strengthened my testimony :)
we had come home from having a dinner appointment with a member, and teaching FHE on Thursday night when i got very very discouraged about my Spanish. i get frustrated with the language barrier and sometimes feel like i could be such a better missionary if i could actually communicate everything i want to say! not only that, but i was feeling the burden of trying to learn the new language of Spanish, in an English speaking mission. we're not always speaking in Spanish, and 95% of the people we contact everyday are English speaking. during the dinner appointment i had no idea what was going on, and had no idea what to say, even while giving a spiritual thought. i had never felt so frustrated! sometimes i can i knelt down in prayer that night and asked for guidance and help from my Father in Heaven. i pleaded to have the gift of tongues made even stronger so i can be an effective instrument for the Lord. Friday was Zone training! which is always super great. it started out like usual and we were instructed on inspired ways we can hasten the work in our areas. we even did this awesome role play where in the gym, all the chairs were set up like a bus. we pretended to be the people here and practiced contacting :) haha it was awesome! we had to determine whether each person was a distract-er or an elect. really helped me to change up my contacting, especially on buses/subways. we headed into the baptism room and watched the video Because of Him. i remember when this video came out, but it has never hit me as hard as it did this time. tears filled my eyes as a few people bore testimony of the power of the Atonement and of the Saviors love for each and every one of us. i can't even explain the way i felt! the spirit spoke to me, and i knew right then that God puts hard things (like learning Spanish) all so i can grow closer to my Savior. this scripture has touched me time and time again as a missionary,

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.


he gives me weaknesses so i can be made strong. long story short, we taught a lesson to a progressing investigator a day later and i had a few AWESOME street contacts where the Lord surely did bless me with the gift of tounges. as i have learned to depend on my Savior, he helps me better mi espanol every day :) we even had this really great moment where we were walking down the street on saturday and i realized we needed to contact a specific house a few streets away, and the 2 guys are new investigators! we also set a part member family on date for December 7, and we have been working with them since July!!!!! :)

its been a week full of miracles and we are working harder everyday.
i love this gospel! i love my mission!
XOXO HERMANA HORTON

ps: birthday shoutout to my little sister Quince who turns 8 today and will be getting baptized soon! I LOVE YOU little girl! and i am so proud of you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment