Monday, June 29, 2015

week 55







what a busy crazy awesome week! we are back to just Sister Mencarelli and i since we had to hug Sister Vermunt goodbye yesterday as she heads home :( i will miss her so much. but i am so glad i had the opportunity to serve and learn from her for these past 2 weeks. i did just inherit like 10 new skirts/dresses from her too.... haha she said they were 'old' but anything different than the 10 skirts i have worn for a year is new to me :)

it rained so much this week! and we had no umbrellas so everywhere we went we looked like drown rats haha. also, we got fed so much food! but it was all so delicious, i was in heaven!!! perks of being in Toronto - you get fed food from literally every country. we had food this week from Mexico, Philippians, India, and China. it was amazing. i love the members here! i think i say that in every single area, but really they are so good to us and i just feel so much love from them. i'm so grateful.

this week we taught so many lessons! and found some great new people. i also went on my first exchange as STL.. with Hermana Hoffman. my awesome old companion (in Mississauga) it was fun to be back in Spanish work for a day!

okay, we did have lots of crazy weird experiences this week. soooo the Gay pride parade has officially started over here in downtown Toronto... and unfortunately majority of our investigators live in that area so we have had to be down there a LOT haha. oh man... we have had some very interesting experiences. yikes. BUT, we also have the Pan Am games starting in 2 weeks (like a mini olympics...) and over 20,000 people are coming from all over the world to participate. CAN'T WAIT. 

there is a quote by Elder Holland for missionaries that i really love, that talks about how we only get one chance to serve a mission. there is a part in it that really motivates me everyday, at the end he says "come out of your mission proud of what you have done." i want that so bad. i want to give every last ounce of energy to it. and all the hardships and all the tears really will be looked back upon as the greatest 18 months of my life, because it has changed my life. i want to give it everything i have and do all i can to bring souls unto Christ. i truly love this work so much!

Alma 29:9 - I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

i love you all so much! i am so grateful for the love and support i have from all those who i love and miss. never forget how blessed we are to have the fullness of the Gospel in our lives. 

con amor, hermana horton

No comments:

Post a Comment